Further to our post earlier today, we’d like to take the time to remind all staff and colleagues of the procedures in place should a bomb threat take place.
In the event of a bomb threat, take the following action:
- Stay calm. Don’t panic and don’t cause others to panic.
- Carefully write down the EXACT words used, including any code words.
- Try and ask the following:
- Where exactly is the bomb placed?
- When is it due to go off?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- How did you get it into the building?
- Dial 999 and ask for POLICE/FIRE SERVICE.
- Evacuate the premises to a BOMB THREAT ASSEMBLY POINT – this must be at least 500 metres from the site – 5 minutes brisk walk, ideally an open space and away from glass/buildings. Brief your team on where this is. Display the Bomb Threat Location with your Fire Assembly Point location.
- Cone off access to site.
- Inform your Site Manager and Area Manager as soon as you can, following the escalation process if required.
- Prevent people entering site/shop/restaurant and do not allow customers to return to their vehicles until the incident is over.
- Do not return to site/shop/restaurant until the all-clear is given by the police.
- Report the incident to the Petroleum Licensing Authority by telephone as soon as possible if you are a PFS.
- Complete an Incident Form.
Thank you in advance for your ongoing commitment to safety within Euro Garages. Should anything change, we will inform you immediately.